The PAsCAL Project's Vision
- Explain what Connected and Autonomous Vehicles are and how they work.
- Identify the barriers hindering peoples’ acceptance of CAVs and propose solutions.
- Assess the impact of connected transport on society and peoples’ quality of life, to ensure accessibility for all.
- Educate future drivers and non-drivers to enable the safe, responsible and informed use of CAV technology.
- Design effective recommendations and guidelines to connect people to autonomy.
PAsCAL’s approach includes psychological tools, cluster analysis of user characteristics, human driving and passenger simulations, real-world pilots, shared space simulation with multi-users, accessible surveys designed for varying abilities, focus groups, stakeholder hands-on workshops and system-dynamics modelling tools.