Driving lessons have resumed in England, Scotland and Wales – We’re back on the road!
- Driving lessons resumed in England on 4th July, in Wales on 27th July and in Scotland on 24th August
- Driving tests in England restarted on 22nd July, on 17th August in Wales and are scheduled to restart in Scotland on 14th September
- We now have over 1,400 working driving instructors across the whole of GB and our contact centre and online booking systems are fully operational and our contact centre and online booking systems are fully operational.
- We are taking bookings for new customers in all areas.
What happens now driving lessons have restarted.
Our Instructor’s diaries are filling up but we are still able to take new customers and we have some great introductory lesson price offers:
- Two hours for the price of one
- Six hours for the price of four
For more details and to buy, visit our offers page here.
We’ve taken steps to ensure your safety
We have taken a number of steps to ensure the safety and comfort of our students and instructors.
RED instructors will follow industry best practice on PPE requirements on every lesson. Face coverings are to be worn by both instructor and trainee. Full information is contained within our current operating procedures which are shown in the link below.
RED instructors will prepare the car and wipe down the steering wheel and other controls before every lesson
RED Instructors have been advised in how to reduce viral contamination and best practice for operating a safe driving lesson
Learner and instructor safety
Every customer will be asked to declare that they are symptom-free.
Due to extraordinary circumstances created by the Covid-19 pandemic, please be aware that we will honour any RED gift voucher that was still valid on 1st March 2020. All vouchers still valid on that date will remain valid until 1st October 2020 regardless of when they were purchased.
DVSA Test Centre announcements can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-driving-tests-and-theory-tests and the full risk assessment for RED’s office location can be found here.