- About RED
- Where To Find Us
- Join RED
Terms And Conditions
Your use of the RED Driving School (RED) website is subject to these terms, and by using the RED website you show your agreement to such terms. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use the website. You may copy or print pages from this site solely for personal, non-commercial purposes. You may not otherwise use, modify, copy, print, display, reproduce, distribute or publish any information from this site without the express permission of RED. At any time RED may, without notice make changes to this site or to the services or products described in this site. Information on this website may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Information may be changed or updated without notice. RED, may also make improvements and/or changes in the products described in this information at any time without notice.
The images, logos and names on this website which identify RED (RED Driving School) or third parties and their products and services are proprietary marks of RED and/or the relevant third parties.
Whilst RED has taken care in the preparation of the contents of this website, this website and the information, names, images, pictures, logos, icons regarding or relating to RED, or the products and services of the same (or to third party products and services), are provided on an “as is” basis without any representation or endorsement being made and without any warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to, any implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, all such terms and warranties are hereby excluded. In no event will RED and/or any partner company be liable (whether in contract or tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty) or otherwise) for any losses sustained and arising out of or in connection with use of this website including, without limitation, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of data or special loss.
RED does not represent that the information contained in this website is accurate, comprehensive, verified or complete, and shall accept no liability for the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in the website or for any reliance placed by any person on the information.
RED does not warrant that the functions or materials accessible from or contained in this website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that this website or the server that makes it available are virus or bug free or represent the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the materials.
Links to other websites
Certain (hypertext) links will lead you to websites that are not under the control of RED. When you activate any of these links, you will leave the RED website and as such RED has no control over and will accept no responsibility or liability in respect of the material on any such other website. By allowing links with third party websites RED does not intend to solicit business or offer any security to any person in any country, directly or indirectly.
Jurisdiction and law
Unless otherwise specified, the products and services described in this website are available only to UK residents (excluding the Channel Islands and Isle of Man). The information on this website is not directed at anyone other than UK residents and applications from others will, unless otherwise stated, not be accepted. RED makes no representation that any product or service referred to on the website are appropriate for use, or available in other locations. The information and other materials contained in this website may not satisfy the laws of any other country and those who choose to access this site from other locations are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable. The phone numbers provided only apply to phone calls made from within the UK.
These Terms and Conditions and any terms and conditions relating to products or services described in this website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising in relation to the same shall, unless otherwise expressly agreed, be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Changes to terms and records of agreements
RED reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes on the website. It is your responsibility to review the website terms and conditions regularly to ensure you are aware of the latest terms and conditions. Your use of this website after a change has been posted will be deemed to signify your acceptance of the modified terms and conditions. We recommend that you print off and retain for your records a copy of these terms and conditions from time to time and a copy of any terms and conditions relating to any product or service which you apply for on-line, together with any related application form completed and submitted. Any amendment to terms and conditions must be agreed in writing by us, or, if appropriate, by the relevant company with whom you contract.
Learner driver – Terms and Conditions
The contract for driving tuition is solely between you and your instructor (your ‘Instructor’) who is a self-employed franchisee of RDS Driving Services Limited (the ‘RED Driving School’).
These Terms and Conditions apply to that contract.
Neither RED Driving School nor Driving School (Acceptances) Limited are party to that contract. They are only mentioned in these Terms and Conditions where they act as agent for your instructor.
Paying for lessons
You can pay for tuition in advance via one of the following methods:
- Payment by credit or debit card online. You can do this in the following ways:
- Payment by credit or debit card by calling RED Driving School on 0800 021 4607
You agree that monies paid in advance by you or on your behalf for driving lessons to be provided in the future will be paid to Driving School (Acceptances) Limited.
Driving School (Acceptances) Limited will arrange payment to your Instructor once your Instructor has provided you with the prepaid driving lessons. Lessons delivered to you will be redeemed against your oldest prepaid lesson payments.
A transaction fee is charged on all pre-paid package purchases. The transaction fee is £1.99 and is applied when payment is made by credit or debit card. We will also apply the transaction fee when RED Driving School cash vouchers are used to pay for the pre-paid package AND a credit or debit card is used where the card payment element is £10 or greater. We charge this fee to administer the booking process on your behalf between you and your driving instructor and to meet the costs of the credit or debit card transactions that you undertake.
Where Driving School (Acceptances) Limited receives your payments for driving tuition, makes bookings with, or supplies any information or documentation to you, or arranges payments to your Instructor, they act solely as agent for your Instructor.
Alternatively you can pay your Instructor directly (Any cheques must be made payable to your Instructor. Your instructor will confirm which payment methods they can accept). If you pay your Instructor directly you should obtain a receipt. As RED Driving School is not party to the contract between you and your Instructor it accepts no responsibility for any payments you make directly to your Instructor.
You can only pay for lessons via the methods outlined above. You can not pay for lessons via any other method and neither Driving School (Acceptances) Limited, RED Driving School or your instructor accept any liability for monies or lessons paid for by any other method than those outlined above.
Any lesson booking made through our call centre that is not prepaid at time of booking (ie where payment for the lesson is to be made directly to the driving instructor at point of lesson delivery) will incur a £4.99 (inc VAT) booking fee. The booking fee DOES NOT constitute part payment for the lesson and will be retained by RED. You will still be required to pay your instructor in full for all lessons delivered to you.
Redeeming prepaid lessons
You and your Instructor are responsible for agreeing all matters relating to the timing, location and duration of individual lessons. Where you arrange lessons through RED Driving School’s booking office or via RED Driving School’s website, RED Driving School provides these services solely as agent for your Instructor.
You must present your valid UK provisional driving licence (or other appropriately valid licence) to your Instructor prior to the start of your initial lesson. Should you fail to do so, your Instructor reserves the right to refuse to provide you with tuition or to cancel any lessons you have booked with them, and you may be charged the full value of that lesson.
You must notify your Instructor of any matters existing at any time that may affect your ability or entitlement to have driving tuition, for example, but not limited to, any lack, or loss, of a valid driving licence.
The value of driving lessons your Instructor will deliver to you is equal to the value of the monies received from you. Your Instructor does not know when you will redeem your prepaid lessons and therefore they can’t guarantee you that they will be available each time you choose to request a driving lesson.
Lesson prices vary throughout the UK and therefore the lesson prices quoted to you when you pay are only applicable in the post code area where tuition was purchased. If you subsequently choose to take a lesson in an alternative location, the prevailing lesson price in the new area could be different from the original lesson price quoted when your monies were received. In such an event the number of hours of driving lessons purchased will be adjusted up or down to reflect the change in lesson price.
You must give at least 48 hours notice to your Instructor if you wish to cancel or re-arrange booked lesson. Failure to do so may result in your Instructor charging you the full amount for that lesson.
You understand and acknowledge that lesson fees paid to Driving School (Acceptances) Limited for prepaid lessons must be applied to lessons by you within six months of the date of your original payment. You acknowledge that you will not be entitled to a refund of any lesson fees not applied to lessons, or to utilise lesson fees paid for booking further lessons, after the expiry of this period. Any lesson fees that become non-refundable may be applied by Driving School (Acceptances) Limited at its sole discretion, and will ordinarily be paid to RDS Driving Services Limited within one month of such fees becoming non-refundable. If, at any point during this six month period you determine that you do not wish to take any of the prepaid lessons, you are entitled to a refund of lesson fees equal to the value of any prepaid lessons not taken (exceptions may apply on specific offers, see individual offer Terms & Conditions for details).
For security reasons, any refund of prepaid lessons will be made back to the card from which the original payment was taken. If for any reason those card details have become invalid, before any refund is made, your Instructor (through its agent Driving School (Acceptances) Limited) reserves the right to verify the identity of the person requesting the refund, and seek verification of the validity of any alternative card or bank account details provided.
Following delivery of each lesson, your Instructor will confirm to RED that the lesson has been delivered and RED will send you an email (to the most recent email address you have provided to RED at the time). The email will detail the name of the instructor, the duration of the lesson and the date and time of delivery of the lesson. If you disagree with the details in the email, you should contact RED immediately, but in any event within 72 hours of the time and date of the email, to place the transaction in dispute. If you do not dispute the details within the specified time, then the Instructor will automatically receive payment for the lesson delivered and your account with Driving School (Acceptances) Limited adjusted accordingly.
Any disputed transaction will be promptly and fully investigated by RED. The result of the investigation will be communicated to both parties. No payment will be made to either party until the investigation has been completed to the satisfaction of RED.
Transferring prepaid lessons
You cannot sell or transfer lessons which have been purchased in your name to any other person.
Your Instructor, RED Driving School and/or Driving School (Acceptances) Limited are not liable to you for any loss or damage caused where, and to the extent that:
- there is no breach of a legal duty owed to you by the relevant person or body
- such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of such a breach of a legal duty
- any such loss or damage, or increase in the same, results from any breach or omission by you
- any such loss or damage results from circumstances or matters outside of the reasonable control of the relevant person or body
Your Instructor, RED Driving School and/or Driving School (Acceptances) Limited shall not, in any event, be liable for losses relating to any business interests you may have including, without limitation, lost profits, loss of opportunity or business or business interruption.
You are reminded that neither RED Driving School and/or Driving School (Acceptances) Limited are parties to the contract for driving tuition itself, which is between you and your instructor. This does not affect any liability that RED Driving School and/or Driving School (Acceptances) Limited may have for any loss or damage you may incur which is caused directly as a result of any breach (including negligence) by it or them of any legal duty owed by it or them to you.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will affect any statutory rights you may have as a consumer.
Law applying to Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
Use of personal information
Information about yourself that you provide to RED Driving School, Driving School (Acceptances) Limited and/or your Instructor (whether or not under our contract (or contracts) with you) may be used to:
- Identify you;
- Help administer, and contact you about improved administration of, any accounts, services and products provided to you;
- Trace debtors, recover debt, prevent and detect fraud, and to manage your accounts or insurance policies; and check your identity to prevent money laundering unless you give us other satisfactory proof of identity;
- Carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling (including with transactional information) and create statistical and testing information;
- Help identify accounts, services and/or products which we feel may be of interest to you. We may do this by automatic means using a scoring system, which uses the information you have provided, any information we hold about you, and information from third party agencies (including credit reference agencies);
- Contact you in any way (including mail, email, phone, visit, text or multimedia messages) about products and services offered by us and selected partners. We may allow other people and organisations to use information we hold about you for the purpose of providing services you have asked for, as part of the process of selling one or more of our businesses, or if we have been legitimately asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings. From time to time, these other people and organisations may be outside the European Economic Area in countries that do not have the same standards of protection for personal data as the UK. We may monitor and record communications with you (including phone conversations and emails) for quality assurance, legal, compliance and training purposes. We may check your details with fraud prevention agencies. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this; and
- Allow our selected partners to contact you about products and services offered by them. They will only contact you in this way if you have previously indicated your consent.
Vouchers – Terms and Conditions
- Driving lessons are only available to those who hold a valid UK driving licence.
- Your instructor reserves the right to refuse to provide you with tuition or to cancel any lessons you have booked, if you fail to provide him / her with the appropriate licence prior to your first lesson.
- RED do not guarantee a specific instructor, vehicle, or lesson time will be available.
- Always keep the voucher in a safe place as it cannot be re-issued if lost or damaged.
- The voucher is valid until the date shown and must be redeemed by that date.
- The voucher has no cash value.
- The voucher is non-refundable.
- With gift voucher purchases the number of lessons stated on the voucher are guaranteed only in the postcode stated on the voucher. Lessons taken in a different area may result in less than the stated number of lessons being available.
- Gift vouchers are subject to availability and instructor coverage in your area.
- Gift vouchers are for the individual named on the voucher and are not transferable.
- A transaction fee is charged on the first gift voucher purchase only. The transaction fee is £1.99 and is applied when payment is made by credit or debit card. We will also apply the transaction fee when RED Driving School cash vouchers are used to pay for the gift voucher AND a credit or debit card is used where the card payment element is £10 or greater. We charge this fee to administer the booking process on your behalf between you and your driving instructor and to meet the costs of the credit or debit card transactions that you undertake.
- Cash vouchers provide a cash value towards driving lessons with RED Driving School only.
- A transaction fee is charged on cash voucher purchases. The transaction fee is £1.99 and is applied when payment is made by credit or debit card. We charge this fee to administer the booking process on your behalf between you and your driving instructor and to meet the costs of the credit or debit card transactions that you undertake.
- Cash vouchers can only be purchased online.
- Cash vouchers can only be redeemed online.
The voucher promoter is: RDS DRIVING SERVICES LIMITED, Pavilion 12, Colemans Nook, Belasis Technology Park, Billingham, TS23 4EG.
Introductory Offers – Terms and Conditions
- Introductory offers are only available to new customers with RED Driving School.
- Only one introductory offer is allowed per customer.
- An introductory offer includes a 2 hour beginners lesson in a manual car only. In this beginners lesson, you will learn about the controls of the car before progressing to moving off and stopping the vehicle.
- RED Driving School reserves the right to remove or amend any introductory offers at any time. Details of our current offers can be found on our website.
Short notice test bookings – Terms and Conditions
A short notice test is when there is two weeks or less from the date of the first planned lesson to the booked test date. Before making a booking or taking payment for a short notice test please be aware of the following terms and conditions:
- Booking of a Short Notice Test package consists of 5 hours worth of driving instructor and tuition vehicle time.
- During the first 2 hours you will be assessed by your driving instructor. If after the initial two hour assessment the Driving Instructor tells you that you are not ready we will not take you to test.
- If you need additional tuition prior to the test the Driving Instructor will explain this to you. You will need to be available for the time slots he/she is available should you wish to take these lessons. If you cannot take the required hours we will not be able to take you for test.
- You will need to pay for five hours of tuition prior to the first lesson commencing which is not refundable if the driving instructor says you are not ready for test; however this can be used for further tuition.
- The Driving Standards Agency stipulate that you need to give three clear working days to cancel your test. This may mean that you may / will lose your Driving Standards Agency test fee if the Driving Instructor says you are not ready for test dependent on the gap between first lesson and test.
- If you change your mind after you have made a short notice test booking and wish to cancel your booking, our standard terms and conditions apply with a minimum of 48 hours’ notice required prior to the lesson.
- This offer cannot be taken in conjunction with any other offer.
- The lesson price is at the standard rate for tuition with your RED Driving Instructor.
Recommend a Friend RED Instructor Training Promotion:
- The person you are recommending to RED must have given permission to pass on their contact details
- There is no limit to the number of people you can recommend
- RED will pay £250 for every recommendation signing up to train with RED, once the new enrollee has paid a minimum of £750 towards the cost of their training and have been on the training course for a minimum of four weeks
- The payment of £250 will be credited to the recommender’s RED account with any resulting credit balance to be paid by cheque or bank transfer at RED’s discretion
All calls to the contact centre are recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
For any customer service enquiries, please email email@example.com.
**WINTER SPECIAL OFFER 6 HOURS FOR THE PRICE OF 5 PLUS FREE THEORY TEST TRAINING
The customer has 3 months from the point of purchase to redeem the redemption code which allows free access to RED’s Theory Test Training Aid. Free access to RED’s Theory Test Training Aid is available for 12 months from the date of redemption. Redemption code details will be sent to the customer in a separate email and can be transferred to another person before it is redeemed. As this product is provided free of charge as part of RED’s Winter Special Offer, the Theory Test Training Aid is non-refundable. All 6 hours of the in-car training with your Driving Instructor must be taken before the end of March 2015.
Ownership of website
This website belongs to RED Driving School, a division of RDS DRIVING SERVICES LIMITED, Pavilion 12, Colemans Nook, Belasis Technology Park, Billingham, TS23 4EG. Registered in England and Wales 7372476.