Why become a driving instructor?
Whether you’re looking for a new challenge, a change of pace or the chance to be your own boss with an established franchise, becoming a driving instructor could be the perfect career move for you. As one of the UK’s largest driving schools, we have a wealth of experience under our belts, and have so far trained more than 10,000 people.
- the chance to make positive changes to your life
- becoming your own boss. As a RED instructor, you are self-employed – with no boss controlling your day
- working flexible hours that suit your lifestyle
- meeting new people every day
- being an active part of the community, and getting involved with schools or colleges by helping to improve road safety through teaching a ‘skill for life’
- earning around £600 a week – or possibly even more
- enjoying great job satisfaction
- becoming an expert. You can diversify into specialist areas, such as advanced driving, fleet training or driver re-education.
- we have trained over 10,000 fully qualified ADIs
As a RED driving instructor, you can enjoy the luxury of being self-employed – this means having greater control over your own finances and schedule. The average driving instructor earns around £600 a week, but it could be more depending on the hours you choose. There is also the opportunity to earn while you learn and start giving lessons before your training is complete.
The assessment aspect of becoming a driving instructor consists of three main parts – find out more here.
For more information on how to be a driving instructor, take a look at our instructor stories and check out our FAQ pages. If you’re ready to get your new driving career on the road, give one of our team a call on
0800 688 8811 or fill out our online enquiry form.
Call us or enquire NOW to find out more about becoming a driving instructor with RED