- About RED
- Where To Find Us
- Join Red
Failing learners need Theory Test support
Passing the DSA theory and hazard perception test is a vital step for all learners. To pass, learners must be familiar with the Highway Code and demonstrate their ability to respond to developing hazards. It is only when they have passed that they can attempt to take the practical test.
It is therefore surprising to find that, according to Driving Standards Agency statistics, a significant number of learner drivers are failing the theory test, 40% of all tests taken are failed. Young men aged between 18 and 19 fair particularly badly with nearly half (47%) failing to pass*.
As part of its continued commitment to improving the standard of drivers in the UK, RED Driving School have launched a new e-learning product. RED’s Theory Test Training Aid gives learners all the tools and training needed to pass the theory and hazard perception tests.
This new product follows the successful launch of RED’s Road Brain Trainer, proven to boost the chance of RED Learners passing their practical test by 14%!**
RED’s Chief Executive Officer, Ian McIntosh said: “RED’s Theory Test Training Aid presents the DSA’s official test material in a way which is designed to better prepare learners for their theory test. RED trains more learners in the UK than any other school, so these tools are a natural development for us. We are urging all of our learners to improve their chances of getting their licence by using our online training tools.”
Both tools were developed in partnership with leading road safety software developer a2om. RED’s Theory Test Training Aid includes the following features and benefits:
- Contains all of the DSA’s Official Practice Theory Test questions – a bank of over 1000 questions.
- Full feedback for each question, allowing Learner to better understand the correct response.
- Enables learners to track their progress, and to focus on specific topic areas.
- Allows learners to take full, timed mock tests of 50 Theory Questions. Questions are presented in the same format as the DSA’s actual Theory Test.
- Contains all of the DSA’s official Hazard Perception Test clips-with an interactive scoring feature.
- Contains a link through to an online version of the Highway Code and the Department for Transport’s Know Your Traffic Signs.
- Selected e-Learning modules from RED’s Road Brain Trainer are included – these modules provide background knowledge for on-the-road observational skills.
The product will be sold from RED’s website http://www.reddrivingschool.com/reds-theory-test-training-aid/ and will be available for all learners to buy for £8.95 for up to 12 months unlimited online access.
*Driving Standards Agency figures based on test outcomes between January and March 2012.
** Research shows that the cumulative pass rate for the driving test over two attempts improved by 14.2% for learners who had completed our online training programme compared to learners who had not. Dr Lisa Dorn, Cranfield University.