- About RED
- Where To Find Us
- Join Red
RED Driving School Continues its Commitment to Improve Road Safety Amid Government Road Safety Budget Cuts
RED Driving School has road safety at the heart of all its training packages. We believe in road safety and will continue our work to raise awareness of the subject, which is ever more important in the wake of the government’s planned budget cuts now starting to be seen in regions across the UK.
We invest a great deal of money each year into our road safety initiative; our Road Safety Unit visits schools, colleges, promotional and charity fund raising events without any cost to the various institutions.
We support Brake, the road safety charity, and have trained staff as its Ambassadors to deliver road safety presentations to communities.
You only need to read the facts to understand why we are so passionate about our commitment to road safety:
• About 3000 people die each year on our roads
• Road traffic incidents are the single biggest killer of young people between 16 and 25 years old
• More women between the ages of 16 and 19 die as passengers than drivers
• A third of all drivers killed are male and 20 years of age or less
• Young drivers have more crashes at night
• Young drivers’ crash risk increases when only accompanied by their peer group
• 17-25 year olds are 10% of drivers but account for a third of all fatalities.
If you would like to raise awareness of road safety in your school, college or community to help reduce the number of casualties on our roads, please contact us to discuss how we can help.
Road Safety Officer, RED Driving School